- Family Law (Divorce / Custody/Adoption) 30%
- Municipal Law / Zoning 30%
- Commercial Litigation 20%
- Business Planning 10%
Joshua Nolan has travelled a rather non-traditional route into the practice of law. He worked as a Press Operator in a Ford Motor Company factory to put himself through college before accepting a scholarship for law school. While attending the University of Cincinnati College of Law, Josh worked as a Legal Extern for Judge David Bunning, United States District Court, EDKY. After graduation in 2004, Josh worked in a medium sized law firm in Cincinnati, Ohio before joining a large Columbus, Ohio based law firm. During that time, Josh had the opportunity to work on a wide variety of complex commercial litigation matters, ranging from product liability claims to mass torts to $100 Million Dollar contract disputes. However, while Josh enjoyed this often complicated and challenging work, he wanted to use his skills to help individuals and small business rather than large corporations and insurance companies.
In 2011, Josh had the opportunity to return to the Toledo, Ohio area and open NOLAN LAW, LLC. Since opening in June of 2011, Josh has helped dozens of individuals and small business resolve a wide variety of legal issues, ranging from divorce and child custody matters to insurance coverage disputes to starting a new business.
Josh is also licensed to practice law in Michigan, where he has become one of the foremost experts on municipal zoning and/or licensing of industrial wind turbines. Josh has dedicated this portion of his practice to helping individuals and local government entities who are seeking protection from the dangers of improperly sited industrial wind turbines. In conjunction, Josh is one of the Directors and founding members of the Interstate Informed Citizens Coalition, Inc., a non-profit corporation dedicated to educating the public about the impacts of improperly sited industrial wind turbines.
At NOLAN LAW, LLC, we pride ourselves on giving individual attention and large law firm experience at small law firm rates. Call today to let us help you!
- University of Cincinnati College of Law, Cincinnati, Ohio
- Honors: Dean's List
- University of Toledo College of Arts and Sciences, Toledo, Ohio
- B.A. - 2001
- Honors: Dean's List
- Major: International Relations
- Ohio, 2004
- Michigan, 2011
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Ohio, 2004
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit, 2004
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Kentucky, 2007
- Order of the Barristers, 2004
- Lindhorst & Dreidame Co., LPA, Associate Attorney, 2004 to 2007
- Bricker & Eckler, Associate Attorney, 2007 to 2010
- Director - Interstate Informed Citizens Coalition, Inc.
- Ohio State Bar Association, Member, 2004 to Present
- State Bar of Michigan, Member, 2011 to Present
Current Employment Position
- Sole Practitioner