There are many moving parts to contend with when buying a home. However, as you inch closer toward closing day, you’ll begin to realize that your dream is about to come true.
But before the closing day arrives, there are a variety of questions you must answer to ensure that you’re prepared for everything that’s to come. Here’s a good place to start:
- Do you have your financing lined up? Have you double-checked that your lender has everything they need?
- Have you reviewed all the available documents associated with your closing?
- Do you have a final walk-through scheduled? Did you already conduct one?
- Did the seller take care of all items that they were supposed to fix before closing?
- Have you been in touch with your title insurance company about anything they need from you?
- Have you verified the time of your closing?
- Have you double-checked with your real estate agent on any unfinished items?
While these are among the most important questions to answer before closing on your home, there are many others you may need to contend with. It depends on your specific situation, including how organized you’ve been to that point.
Buying a home is a big decision in your life, so don’t take it lightly. It’ll impact both your personal life and finances, now and in the future. As you prepare to close on your new home, do whatever you can to position yourself for success. Doing so allows you to protect your legal rights, which will give you the peace of mind you deserve.